Monday, July 23, 2007

Baby Steps...



I'm a little bummed this didn't get a bit more coverage but...what are you gonna do. Anyway, a month after Seattle Pride celebation, the domestic partnership law went into effect here in Washington State.

Hurray, we're almost being treated as complete equals. woooo!

I always have mixed feelings about great progresive things like this because, while it's wonderful that we're making such progress in civil rights but it's complete bullshit that we have fight for this progress in the first place.

Though I guess I can understand people's fear of the unknown. On last night's Channel 4 news they interviewed a gay couple where one of them played organ in the church and another was one of those gloved handbell performer for their church. Thank God we've been banned from having the same rights as everyone else, I can understand how this



could terrify even the most liberal of conservatives.

No comments: