Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Artsy Fartsy Auteurs Drop in Death's Path



Beginning with the death of American director Robert Altman late last year, the Grim Reaper has been been gaining speed on his '07 "Death to Fancy Pants Directors Tour." In a surprising double showing on the European leg of his tour, the Hooded Horror claimed the souls of Swedish director Ingmar Berman and Italian Director Michaelangelo Antononioni yesterday.

Known for being elusive and quiet, it wasn't until Mr. Reaper stopped for a beer at a bar in Manitoba while trolling for Guy Maddin that he granted an interview. "I've existed since the beginning of time," the scythe bearing spirit quipped. "There's not a lot I haven't seen, so it's rare when something provokes an emotional reaction. But these mother fuckers," he continued, referencing his most recent project. "Create such dry intellectual moody existential bullshit that I just feel bad I didn't take care of this back in the early '70's."

Grim continued drinking and ranting into the night, gathering an international crowd of journalists around him in an impromptu press conference. He provided dates for his upcoming tour locations which he forbid most people to reveal until after the fact. After a while he noticed my American Press Corps creditentals and pointed at me with a bony finger. "And you. American." He hissed. "I won't reveal any trade secrets, but let's just say P.T. Anderson needs to watch out for any fast cars. That asshole's had me coming for a long time."

No comments: