Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Drew Carey to play Edna Turnblad...Wait, That Movie Already Came Out



Due to a miscommunication with his agent and multiple issues with his Comcast internet conncection, stand up comedian and sit-com star, Drew Carey (above), has spent the past year binging in an attempt to claim the coveted musical role of Edna Turnblad in the new Hairpray movie. "When my agent first mentioned the project to me, he seemed to imply that I would be a natural play Edna. So I started eating." Taking tips from his show co-star who played Mimi Bobeck, Carey started on a regimne of junk food and Dairy Queen Blizzards which he referred to as his "protien shakes."

Please close to the star inform us that when he saw a preview for the movie featuring John Travolta filling the moomoo that has been occupied by other sexually bent like Bruce Villance and, most famously Divine, Carey threw his bucket of chicken at the television shouting. "That's fucking bullshit!"

But whenever God closes a window, he opens a door and Mr. Carey has been tapped to replace Bob Barker as host of the long running game show, The Price is Right.

"I've got 3 months to loose the weight," the 49 year old said. "I don't think it'll be a problem getting back into my old 40 inch pants. And I'll do it with out any of those twinkle toe moves Mr. Saturday Night Fever does in that dreadful performance."

No comments: